About this Notice
- This Privacy and Cookie Notice provides information on how Gallop Sea collects and processes your personal data when you visit our website or mobile applications.
The data we collect about you
- We collect your personal data in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
- We may collect, use, store and transfer the following different kinds of personal data about you:
- Information you provide to us: We receive and store the information you provide to us including your identity data, contact data, delivery address and financial data.
- Information on your use of our website and/or mobile applications: We automatically collect and store certain types of information regarding your use of the Gallop Sea marketplace including information about your searches, views, downloads and purchases.
- Information from third parties and publicly available sources: We may receive information about you from third parties including our carriers; payment service providers; merchants/brands; and advertising service providers.
Cookies and how we use them
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree.
- Recognising and counting the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it (this helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for).
- Identifying your preferences and subscriptions e.g. language settings, saved items, items stored in your basket and Prime membership; and
- Sending you newsletters and commercial/advertising messages tailored to your interests.
- Our approved third parties may also set cookies when you use our marketplace. Third parties include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics services, social media networks and advertising companies.
How we use your personal data
- We use your personal data to operate, provide, develop and improve the products and services that we offer, including the following:
- Registering you as a new customer.
- Processing and delivering your orders.
- Managing your relationship with us.
- Enabling you to participate in promotions, competitions and surveys.
- Improving our website, applications, products and services
- Recommending/advertising products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Complying with our legal obligations, including verifying your identity where necessary.
- Detecting fraud.
How we share your personal data
- We may need to share your personal data with third parties for the following purposes:
- Sale of products and services: In order to deliver your products and services purchased on our marketplace from third parties, we may be required to provide your personal data to such third parties.
- Working with third party service providers: We engage third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information may be transferred together with other business assets.
- Detecting fraud and abuse: We release account and other personal data to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and to comply with the law.
- When we share your personal data with third parties we:
- only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
- We may transfer your personal data to locations in another country, if this is permissible pursuant to applicable laws in your location. There are inherent risks in such transfers.
- In the event of international transfers of your personal data, we shall put in place measures necessary to protect your data, and we shall continue to respect your legal rights pursuant to the terms of this Privacy and Cookie Notice and applicable laws in your location.
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
- In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your legal rights
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to access, correct or erase your personal data, object to or restrict processing of your personal data, and unsubscribe from our emails and newsletters.
- If you are looking for more information on how we process your personal data, or you wish to exercise your legal rights in respect of your personal data, please contact email@example.com
”Gallop Sea Marketplace” is the trading name for the company operates an e-commerce web platform together with supporting IT, logistics and payment infrastructure, for the sale and purchase of consumer products and services (“products”) in its allocated territory. These general terms and conditions shall apply to buyers and sellers on the marketplace and shall govern your use of the marketplace and related services.
By using our marketplace, you accept these general terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these general terms and conditions or any part of these general terms and conditions, you must not use our marketplace.
If you use our marketplace in the course of a business or other organizational project, then by so doing you:
- confirm that you have obtained the necessary authority to agree to these general terms and conditions;
- bind both yourself and the person, company or other legal entity that operates that business or organizational project, to these general terms and conditions; and
- agree that “you” in these general terms and conditions shall reference both the individual user and the relevant person, company or legal entity unless the context requires otherwise.
Registration and account
You may not register with our marketplace if you are under 18 years of age (by using our marketplace or agreeing to these general terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age).
you register for an account with our marketplace, you will be asked to provide an email address/user ID and password and you agree to:
keep your password confidential;
notify us in writing immediately (using our contact details) if you become aware of any disclosure of your password; and
responsible for any activity on our marketplace arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and that you may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
Your account shall be used exclusively by you and you shall not transfer your account to any third party. If you authorize any third party to manage your account on your behalf this shall be at your own risk.
We may suspend or cancel your account, and/or edit your account details, at any time in our sole discretion and without notice or explanation, providing that if we cancel any products or services you have paid for but not received, and you have not breached these general terms and conditions, we will refund you in respect of the same.
You may cancel your account on our marketplace by contacting us
Terms and conditions of sale
You acknowledge and agree that:
the marketplace provides an online location for sellers to sell and buyers to purchase products;
we shall accept binding sales, on behalf of sellers, but (unless Gallop Sea is indicated as the seller) Gallop Sea is not a party to the transaction between the seller and the buyer; and
a contract for the sale and purchase of a product or products will come into force between the buyer and seller, and accordingly you commit to buying or selling the relevant product or products, upon the buyer’s confirmation of purchase via the marketplace.
Subject to these general terms and conditions, the seller’s terms of business shall govern the contract for sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller. Notwithstanding this, the following provisions will be incorporated into the contract of sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller:
the price for a product will be as stated in the relevant product listing;
the price for the product must include all taxes and comply with applicable laws in force from time to time;
delivery charges, packaging charges, handling charges, administrative charges, insurance costs, other ancillary costs and charges, where applicable, will only be payable by the buyer if this is expressly and clearly stated in the product listing; and delivery of digital products may be made electronically;
products must be of satisfactory quality, fit and safe for any purpose specified in, and conform in all material respects to, the product listing and any other description of the products supplied or made available by the seller to the buyer; and
in respect of physical products sold, the seller warrants that the seller has good title to, and is the sole legal and beneficial owner of, the products and/or has the right to supply the products pursuant to this agreement, and that the products are not subject to any third party rights or restrictions including in respect of third party intellectual property rights and/or any criminal, insolvency or tax investigation or proceedings; and in respect of digital products the seller warrants that the seller has the right to supply the digital products to the buyer.
We may offer refunds, in our discretion:
- in respect of the product price;
- local and/or international shipping fees (as stated on the refunds page); and
- by way of store credits, vouchers, mobile money transfer, bank transfers or such other methods as we may determine from time to time.
Returned products shall be accepted and refunds issued by Gallop Sea Marketplace, acting for and on behalf of the seller. In respect of digital products or services and fresh food, Gallop Sea shall issue refunds in respect of failures in delivery only. Refunds of payment for such products for any other reasons shall be subject to the seller’s terms and conditions of sale.
You must make payments due under these general terms and conditions in accordance with the Payments Information and Guidelines on the marketplace.
Store Credits may be earned and managed in accordance with the Gallop Sea Marketplace Store Credit Terms and Conditions, as may be amended from time to time. Gallop Sea reserves the right to cancel or withdraw Gallop Sea store credit rewards for any reason in its discretion, including if we suspect fraud or foul play.
Once you have placed an order, the seller will dispatch your goods per the number of working days given on their store profile. You will receive an email from Gallop Sea Marketplace [or the seller as appropriate] confirming that your order is on its way to you.
Please note orders will be shipped directly from each seller. If ordering multiple items from different sellers, these will arrive separately.
International Delivery – Duty & Taxes
Please note that any duty and taxes incurred in the country of destination are the sole responsibility of you as the customer.
Gallop Sea Marketplace does not accept any liability or responsibility for the accidental loss and accidental deterioration of goods shipped or risk of delay or the seller’s packing procedures or methods.
Please E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries relating to postage and delivery.