IGEA GHANA is a non-governmental organization that works to create opportunities for under-privileged girls and young women in Ghana. IGEA Ghana works in education, health and women economic empowerment areas through an integrated approach. IGEA Ghana works with multi-sectoral partnerships in Ghana and globally to improve the lives and means of subsistence of marginalized persons in Africa.
Menstruate and Educate (ME) Programme focuses on facilitating the provision of reusable sanitary products and resources for rural school girls with the aim of increasing girls’ attendance to school, lessons and improved overall girls’ access to quality education in Northern Ghana. The programme further creates opportunities for women through skills training and livelihood interventions as part of efforts to empowering women and scaling-up impact across many areas in Ghana.
The Youth Intern will support the Programme Coordinator to implement activities including activity planning and delivery, field visits and reporting. He/she will also be responsible for gathering of relevant content for the organisation’s website and social media platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
Planning and implementation
- Work with the programme coordinator to plan field activities and carry out implementation in closed collaboration with partners and stakeholders in project all areas.
- Work with the team and partners to mobilize stakeholders and provide an ongoing support to beneficiaries in rural communities.
Field Monitoring and Reporting
- Undertake regular field visits to programme communities, tracking beneficiaries’ progress and offering support.
- Assist to build a database of beneficiaries and stakeholders and regularly update same.
- Assist to write activity, quarterly and annual reports that are suitable for future planning purposes
Knowledge Management and Social Media Content
- Prepare beneficiaries’ success stories including case studies; highlighting lessons learned and best practices.
- Develop content gathering and dissemination strategies and plans in discussion with the team.
- Gather relevant content from programme beneficiaries, stakeholders and partners on a professional manner.
- Craft appropriate content for the organisation’s website and social media platforms.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of a diploma in development studies, social work, education or any other relevant field.
Skills and Abilities
- Willing and committed to facilitate activities in communities in collaboration with the team, partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate professionally with diverse stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
How To Apply
IGEA Ghana is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for an interview. If you wish to apply for this position, kindly send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to: email@example.com. Application deadline is Friday, 28th October, 2022.