4Ward Development is a well-established safe water enterprise (SWE) with business subsidiaries in Ghana and Uganda that provide safe water services at District Wide Scale. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of rural customers by delivering a guaranteed supply of high-quality water on a continuous basis. 4Ward Development was launched by Access Development, an enterprise with a decade of experience providing safe water to 600,000+ people through 2,000 water points across Africa. During this time, Access Development pioneered an innovative water system, NUMA, backed by our non-profit partner and owner, Water4. Access Development, and thus 4Ward Development West and East Africa, are wholly owned for-profit Subsidiaries of Water4, Inc.
- Reports To: Operations Manager
- Department/Group: Operations Team
- Travel Required: Frequent travel to operational and service communities
- Undertake preventive maintenance of all NUMA water systems
- Handle repairs and maintenance issues of NUMA water systems
- Perform electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs on all Numa installations
- Diagnose and repair mechanical issues, machines and equipment of NUMA kiosk installations
- Conduct periodic onsite water quality testing of the systems to ensure the NUMA water quality standards are adhered to
- Support in Trenching Supervision & Pipe laying for extensions within communities
- Support in Water Kiosk Installation and solar panels configuration
- Keep accurate records of all maintenance practices and upload information unto the NUMA App and report.
- Schedule routine maintenance and inspections to Numa Kiosk to perform and repair faulty equipment and ensure optimum performance of the systems
- Provide support to the Zonal QCs in maintaining the Numa Systems
- A responsive support service for trouble-shooting, repairing and maintaining College systems and equipment
- Undertake any other task that may be assigned by the Operations manager
- Collaborate with Zonal Officers to ensure scheduled and routine maintenance are executed timely and efficiently
- Develop a real-time responsive plan that anticipate maintenance requirements of NUMA water systems.
- Ensure a seamless and smooth maintenance process of all NUMA technologies.
- Ensure cost-effective and efficient maintenance process
- Keep up-to-date records of all maintenance issues.
- Reduce system downtime:
- Cost-efficient maintenance process: Expected to ensure that the organization complies with financial regulations and laws, thereby avoiding legal or financial penalties.
- Proactive/anticipatory maintenance regime: Responsible for overseeing the organization’s supply chain, including procurement, inventory management, and distribution, to ensure that goods and services are delivered on time and at a reasonable cost.
- Data Analysis: Expected to analyze financial and logistics data and make recommendations for improvement, enabling the organization to operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Report Writing: Effective and accurate financial accounting report being produced on a timely basis
Required Skills or Experience
- University Degree in Civil/ Geological Engineering, Geology/Hydrogeology or any other related subject
- Not less than three (3) years of experience working in a similar capacity; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Preferred Skills and competencies
- Attention to details, timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results and service oriented
- Ability to make sound judgment,
- Problem solving skills
Work Environment: Office – Field Office Environment; Must be willing to relocate Wa in the Upper West Region
Travel Requirements Moderate field travel is required for this role. Ability to ride a motorbike will be an advantage.
***Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above