PSG is an Oil Palm and Rubber Plantations company located at Daboase in the Wassa East District of the Western Region. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of SOCFINAF SA of Luxembourg and has over 2,000 employees.
Plantations Socfinaf Ghana (PSG) Limited wishes to inform all qualified and interested candidates about a vacant position in its Sustainability Department. Kindly find details of the vacancy below:
- REPORTS TO: ASSISTANT SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
- You will be part of the Sustainability Department of the company, which covers sustainability broadly, HSE (health, safety & environment), community relations, monitoring and evaluation, external relations and communication.
- You will work closely with the Assistant Sustainability Manager, who is in charge of HSE in the company and together you will form the HSE team of the department. Cooperation with the whole Sustainability Team will also be required.
- Your main goal in the position is to maintain and build the company’s HSE initiatives, including data collection, data processing, monitoring, auditing, inspecting, training and sensitizing.
- You will assist in ensuring compliance.
- You will have ongoing contact and interaction with other departments of the company.
- The company is RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) certified and working towards ISO 14001 certification. The certification requires communication/training of policies and procedures, which you will be part of.
- Assist in report writing and data collection. Also, you will assist in creating policies, systems or SOPs when necessary.
- Coordinate with the rest of the organization, when relevant.
- The position reports to the Assistant Manager, and you both report to the Sustainability Manager.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you by your Superior from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of First Degree in Science or related courses.
- Minimum of 2 years post-National Service working experience in HSE in a rural/remote plantation setting.
- Basic Certification in HSE.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Communicate in a respectful and trust-worthy manner
- Knowledge of applied HSE
- High adaptability
- Experience in report writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Eagerness to learn and up for a challenging work environment.
- Ability to familiarize yourself with new material, get an overview, and communicate the material in an understandable manner.
- Experience working/cooperating/coordinating with colleagues in a team, and across an organization.
- RSPO and ISO knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Language skills: English, Twi.
How To Apply
Applicants who are qualified and are interested in the advertised position should apply by submitting their application and supporting documents to:
The Admin. & HR Manager
Plantations Socfinaf Ghana Limited
P. O. Box TD1429
Through (email@example.com) with SUSTAINABILITY SUPERVISOR in the subject line of the email by close of work on FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2023.
Late applications would not be accepted.
NB: Kindly note that PSG Limited is a Company that offers Equal Opportunities for all. No forms of Discrimination or Harassment are permitted within the Company. The Company doesn’t employ persons below the age of 18 years.