Abt. Associates Inc
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern sector since 2011 and is preparing for the 2023 IRS campaign.
For the VectorLink project, Abt Associates is seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary position for Store Assistants at each of the following 26sub-districts.Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 3 months.
|Bunkpurugu-Nakpanduri||Nakpanduri, Binde and Bunkpurugu|
|East Mamprusi||Gambaga, Langbensi, Sakogu, Nagboo and Gbintiri|
|Gushegu||Gushegu, Galwei and Nabuli|
|Karaga||Karaga, Sandua/Zandua and Pishigu|
|Kumbungu||Kumbungu and Dalun|
|Mamprugu Moaduri||Kubori and Yizesi|
|Tatale-Sanguli||Tatale, and Kandin-Sheini|
|West Mamprusi||Wungu, Kpasenkpe and Janga|
|Yunyoo Nasuan||Nasuan and Yunyoo|
Please note, the project will not hire people under government pay roll or employed by any other organization
Prior to recruitment, selected candidates will go through a training to get oriented to the job tasks and responsibilities. Store Assistants will be supervised by the Site Manager and also report to the Project Procurement and Logistics Manager.
- Keep daily records of all materials moving in and out of a store using Goods receipt Note, Stock Cards, and other inventory forms.
- Keep all inventory forms updated daily
- Ensure that each unit of insecticide moving in and out of the store is properly labeled, serialized, and recorded
- Ensure that all used materials (e.g. empty sachets, nose masks, etc.) are correctly recorded labeled and stored properly
- Ensure the store is clean, well-organized and items neatly packed on pallets.
- Carry out weekly inventory
- Assist to demobilize the operations site and transport all forms of solid waste from the site to district store in collaboration with Logistics Assistant and Site Manager.
- Assist Site Manager if the need arises.
Required Skills or Experience
- DBS/WASSCE certificate or higher
- Work experience with inventory and warehouse management is preferred.
- Possess Basic Knowledge in MS Excel
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Possession of a valid motor rider license is advantage
- Good English language writing and reading skills.
How To Apply
Indicate a preferred district from the list provided above and state it in your application letter. Include the job title you are applying for in the letter. Application letters that do not have specific district and job title indicated will not be considered.
To apply, submit an application letter and CV, address to “Through the Operations Manager” PMI VectorLink Project, Ghana- Tamale, using one of the instructions below:
1. Email application to the following address: email@example.com. Indicate the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered.
2. Deliver application by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the former VSO office off the SSNIT Road BB Gas Junction, Tamale.
3. Submit application and CV to the security guards at the district or sub-district office of the PMI VectorLink Project in the aforementioned districts.
4. Deliver application and CV by hand to the Ghana Health Service district or sub-district office or the District Assembly.
Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00PM Tuesday November 30, 2022.
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Females are particularly encouraged to apply!