Who are we
“There are 2 billion adults worldwide who don’t have a bank account. That’s close to 40% of the world’s adult population. 350 million of them live in Sub-Saharan Africa. They are hardworking, young, connected adults that lack access to the traditional banking system. Fido is changing that.
We are empowering individuals and entrepreneurs to take advantage of opportunities in Africa. The latest innovation from Fido called Fido Score will shift power back to the people by empowering them to build and maintain a digital financial track record. We build consumer products powered by a magical cocktail of real-time mission-critical machine-learning models, behavioral psychology, and financial engineering. We promote meritocracy, act quickly, commit, and worship data.
Ready for your next career move? Are you sharp, motivated, and purpose-driven? We are looking for you”
What will you do
- Ensure effective working capital management at all times
- Develop recommendations to optimize company’s accounting systems and procedures and detect inaccuracies
- Organize financial statements and budget preparation٫ accurately and timely
- Support business processes and accounting policies and prepare corresponding documentation
- Management of cash position in a timely and accurate manner to ensure availability and efficient utilization of funds at all times.
- Prepare routine and Monthly Bank and wallet reconciliation of all the bank and wallet accounts
- Maintain a weekly and monthly rolling cash flow forecast
- Ensure proper update of bank facility schedule every month (Computation of Interest, Capitalization of Interest, debt profile, etc.)
- Maintain the petty cash system as per the defined Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Managing the receipt, banking, and protection of company funds.
- Advising senior management on risk assessments including company loans, investments, and liquidity
- Gather, track, analyze and present summarized accounting information
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements: filing and payment of PAYE and SSNIT and preparing prudential reports to the Bank of Ghana.
- Monitoring of actual transactions against budget and preparing BVA.
- Assist in other finance and accounting duties as may be required.
Do you have
- 3+ years’ experience of working as an Accountant/Senior Accountant or relevant role
- Minimum of BS degree in Accounting٫ Finance or other relevant are; at least level II professional qualification such as ACCA, CA & CPA
- Good experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Profound experience with typical accounting procedures
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills٫ with accuracy and attention to detail
- High level Sage and Excel skills as well as Google tools (Sheets, docs etc)