4Ward Development is a well-established safe water enterprise (SWE) with business subsidiaries in Ghana and Uganda that provide safe water services at District Wide Scale. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of rural customers by delivering a guaranteed supply of high-quality water on a continuous basis. 4Ward Development was launched by Access Development, an enterprise with a decade of experience providing safe water to 600,000+ people through 2,000 water points across Africa. During this time, Access Development pioneered an innovative water system, NUMA, backed by our non-profit partner and owner, Water4. Access Development, and thus 4Ward Development West and East Africa, are wholly owned for-profit Subsidiaries of Water4, Inc.
- Reports To: Sales & Marketing Manager, Northern Operations
- Department/Group: Sales & Marketing Northern Operation
- Travel Required:12-16 Weeks Per Year in Ghana
- Implement sales strategies and activities in line with the broad sales strategy of 4Ward WA.
- Drive sales by increasing the number of customers (Nows) and overall consumption
- Provide support and training to vendors to effectively increase their sales of NUMA water and expand their overall income as business people in their communities
- Develop plans to visit Now customers in ways that drive sales and improve customer satisfaction.
- Participate in and contribute to research project initiated by 4Ward Ghana to improve service delivery
- Provide community-based research leading to a better understanding of communities and customers
- Engage with current, past and future NUMA customers to learn and encourage them to buy/buy more water
- Make recommendations per learnings to the supervisor about ways to improve sales
- Participate in or embark on community engagements/meetings, WaSH Trainings and promotional activities
- Analyze data from water sales to identify immediate areas of need and implement appropriate strategies to address them
- Make enquiry into disputes and issues pertaining to our work and start a resolution process or resolve where this is possible.
- Liaise with other field staff and community volunteers in carrying out assigned duties
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Key Expected Results
- Effective planning for the implementation of sales strategy and activities.
- Evolve market research to create value for customers and differentiate support that clearly map to vendor and customer satisfaction needs.
- Facilitate in group and individual trainings/ meeting/ discussions for vendors, communities and customers
- Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration with key people within the communities
- Progress reports and work plans timely prepared
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum qualification of first degree in sales and marketing, social sciences, community development or other related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in a customer service-related role, sales or community development
Preferred Skills and competencies
- Knowledge of trends and regulations in their specific industry to be able to inform and educate clients.
- Advanced sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze consumer data to optimize sales efforts.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff members
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent leadership and coaching abilities
- Build relationships and collaborate with clients and team members
- Communicate effectively in English and local dialect
- Group Facilitation and Training skills
- Demonstrate a positive and customer-friendly attitude
- Display excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Can effectively and efficiently complete tasks online and with Microsoft Office and other platforms
Work Environment: Office – Field Office Environment; Must be willing to relocate Wa in the Upper West Region
Travel Requirements May be required to travel up to 90% of normal schedule. Should be able to ride a motor bike
***Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above