CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.
We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.
We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.
We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.
We challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact.
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana is seeking a talented, motivated and resourceful Procurement Officer – SAGES Project. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements.
We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
The Procurement Officer’s overall responsibility is to ensure the day-to-day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost-effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements. S/he provides support to the project team and projects’ administration on procurement related matters. The incumbent is expected to deal with customers with maturity, tact and diplomacy. This position will be based in Tamale.
Some Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Ensure quality and timely supply of goods and services to the project team in accordance with CARE policies and procedures:
- Handle all procurement requests and processes to ensure a timely supply of goods and service (including consultancy services) according to the procurement policies, procedures and standards of quality of service.
- Reviewing all purchase requisitions, verifying price targets, and ensuring that all specifications and requirements are clear and that all authorizations have been obtained.
- Coordinating with other departments to make sure purchase requisitions, supplier quote responses, and purchase orders are complete and clear.
- Vendor Management, Recordkeeping and Reporting:
- Ensure proper filling of all procurement documents for recordkeeping and auditing, and maintain orderly files on active orders and post activities such as change notices, scheduling changes and partial shipments.
- Maintain an Approved Vendor List (AVL) with updated information on pricing by goods and services and performance ranking based on recent post-delivery evaluations.
- Periodically generate an evaluation report on supplier/vendor performance with recommendations based on service delivery/track record (at least every 6 months).
- Prepare, Process and Monitor Consultancy Contracts:
- Maintain and review consultant’s database of the Project, ensure prompt processing of consultancy requests following established procedures, Co-ordinate due diligence where necessary, follow up prompt consultancy contracts to ensure respect of the provisions of the contract.
- Prepare and process payment requests for Consultants in accordance with established procedures.
Required Skills or Experience
- Good knowledge of Procurement systems and practice, policies and procedures.
- A good understanding of donor rules and regulations (USAID, EU etc)
- At least 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in procurement work.
- Preferably Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction.
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software).
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management with a combination of education and relevant work experience. A member of Procurement professional body such as CIPS, ISM, MGIPS etc will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Procurement Officer Application” in the subject line.
Submission deadline is Friday, 14 April 2023.
- Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CARE has zero tolerance for fraud and corruption. We DO NOT collect fees or request financial information from job applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked for payment or experience any irregularities during this process, please report your concerns anonymously via https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100612/index.html.
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
At CARE, we know that recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is critical to achieving our mission of ending global poverty. CARE defines “diversity” beyond the regular classifications of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability, and includes diversity of perspectives that uphold CARE’s Core Values (https://www.care.org/about-us/mission-vision/). Our goal is to create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity in everything we do.
We are also committed to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for our staff, partners and beneficiaries with specific attention to protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child protection.
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH
WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS, EXPERIENCES AND ABILITY, PARTICULARLY WOMEN AND YOUNG PEOPLE TO APPLY.