Our multinational client who deals in power generation and is focused on developing, acquiring, financing, constructing, and owning projects requires an experienced Procurement Officer to join their team. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager you will primarily be responsible for overseeing the sourcing and purchasing of goods and services for the company.
- Prepare, process, and evaluate the purchase orders and service contract requests of different departments.
- Prepare procurement plan as part of annual operations and maintenance plan for the company.
- Prepare and maintain all procurement clerical activities such as responding to customer and supplier inquiries, reviewing requisition orders to verify accuracy, specifications, and terminology, comparing prices, specifications, etc.
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing files, including charging or forwarding invoices to the appropriate accounts, requisitions status, contracts, orders, locating suppliers, on-time delivery with right materials, etc.
- Prepare, negotiate and approve bills for payment, prices with suppliers, cost of orders, etc.
- Prepare weekly and monthly procurement reports on departmental requisition, cost, RFQs, freight payments, invoices, delivery dates, etc.
- Prepare and maintain vendor register.
- Monitor contractors performance, and in-house inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping records.
- Quantify annual plant service contract requirements, conduct bidding process, recommend to management successful bidder, and liaison between the Company and the Service Contractor during contract period within the terms of the contract.
- Liaise with Finance Department for all vendor payments per contract and on time.
- Coordinate the Customs clearance activities.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a Purchasing & Supply or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of working experience in the same or related role.
- Professional certification (CIPS) is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain management.
- Significant experience in store and bookkeeping.
- Proficient use of MS Excel and other accounting software to create a database.
- Experience in managing local and foreign vendors.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures and management.
- Proficient in the evaluation and quote analysis.
- Good communication (oral and written) and supervisory skills.
- Strong analytical mind and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.