One Heart Africa Academy
One Heart Africa Academy
We are seeking a diverse, dynamic, and education-focused Head Teacher to join our education community. The ideal candidate will have a wealth of teaching experience with the know-how of how to run a pre-school in line with regulatory authority procedures. The focus of the role is to manage teaching staff, ensure the curriculum is followed, and ensure the safety and healthy learning of students.
Responsibilities for Head Teacher:
- Oversee teaching at the pre-school level and ensure the classes are covering and meeting the requirements set out by the governing body.
- Develop and implement effective processes for the learning and development of children.
- Manage the reviews of teachers and other teaching assistants within the preschool community.
- Ensure that protocol is followed for any untoward situations that arise, such as assault within the school, instability of students’ mental health, and safeguarding of students.
- Implement safeguarding procedures as required.
- Manage the school budget for all required expenditures such as learning materials, salaries, and also extracurricular activities.
- Arrange and oversee parent-teacher meetings.
- Prepare the teachers, students, and other staff members for inspections conducted by the regulatory authority.
- Provide reports on performance, financials, and improvements to the board of chairs.
- Create a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment among the teachers and students.
- Take classes when required to cover for sickness and absence of teachers.
- Master’s degree in general education/childhood education, teaching, or specialized subject is preferred
- Valid teaching certificate
- Minimum of 5 years of experience teaching children of varying ages
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an assistant headteacher or headteacher role in a pre- school setting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient with the use of computer programs, report writing, and forecasting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of safeguarding practices
- Demonstrated ability to implement processes, and procedures and follow compliance.
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Able to adapt quickly and professionally to a changing environment
- Good understanding of health and safety regulations
Preschool Teacher Responsibilities:
- Educating children about fundamental concepts, such as colors, letters, numbers, and shapes.
- Encouraging social interactions between children and improving their self-esteem.
- Engaging in creative methods of learning, such as arts and crafts, supervised play, and storytelling.
- Planning comprehensive curriculums to address early childhood development needs.
- Instilling a sense of order and discipline in the classroom.
- Monitoring free time on the playground.
- Ensuring the classroom is a clean, safe, and organized environment.
- Preparing for lessons by gathering materials and setting up workstations.
- Communicating with parents to better understand the children’s home lives and psyches.
- Writing up reports for parents on each child’s developmental progress.
Preschool Teacher Requirements:
- Degree in early childhood education.
- At least 2years experience working with young children in a classroom setting.
- Experience with Montessori is an advantage
- Ability to communicate with young children at their level.
- Patient, compassionate attitude, with a friendly, energetic disposition.
- Good mediation and nurturing abilities.
- Creative mindset with an ability to create memorable, out-of-the-box lessons.
- Passion for shaping and inspiring young minds.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, in order to plan curriculums and create reports on each child’s progress.
NB: Interested Applicants should share their cv’s and application letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date is 31st May,2023.