Nationwide Traffic Management and Enterprise
The Procurement Officer is responsible for managing the procurement of goods, services, and works for NTMEL. This includes identifying and evaluating suppliers, negotiating contracts, and managing the procurement process from requisition to payment. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of procurement principles and practices, as well as excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ensure NTMEL is compliant with the contractual procurement requirements set by the client (“open book method”)
- Ensure all purchases are properly registered (for audits)
- Ensure that NTMEL is getting Value for Money (total cost of ownership)
- Develop and maintain NTMEL procurement procedures (supported by Finance and the QA Manager)
- Ensure the aforementioned procedures are followed.
- Measure and register vendor’s performance/contract compliance.
- Make recommendations to MD to save costs, etc.
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers and issue and manage requests for quotations (RFQs) and requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Manage the procurement process from requisition to payment and monitor supplier performance.
- Stay up-to-date on procurement legislation and best practices and assist with the development and implementation of procurement policies and procedures.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work on challenging and rewarding projects
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a procurement role
- Strong understanding of procurement principles and practices
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with procurement software (e.g., SAP Ariba, Coupa) a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org