Eden Montessori Learning Centre
Eden Montessori Learning Centre
A Christian School located on the Akuapem Ridge is seeking a dedicated and experienced Montessori-Trained Preschool Teacher to join our preschool program. As a Montessori-Trained Preschool Teacher, you will be responsible for creating a nurturing and stimulating learning environment that promotes the development and independence of young children. Your role will involve implementing the Montessori philosophy and curriculum, preparing engaging lessons, and fostering the social, emotional, and cognitive growth of preschoolers. The ideal candidate will have a Montessori certification, a passion for early childhood education, and the ability to create a supportive and engaging classroom environment.
- Implement the Montessori philosophy and curriculum in the preschool classroom, providing a child- centered and hands-on learning experience.
- Create a prepared environment that is organized, safe, and conducive to independent exploration and learning.
- Plan and prepare engaging lessons and materials that cater to the developmental needs and interests of preschoolers.
- Facilitate learning activities in practical life, sensorial, language, mathematics, cultural subjects, and other Montessori areas.
- Observe and assess individual children to identify their learning styles, strengths, and areas for growth.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom community that promotes respect, empathy, cooperation and a deep sense of belonging among students.
- Encourage independence, self-discipline, and responsibility in children, while providing guidance and support as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress, including assessments, observations, and anecdotal notes.
- Communicate regularly with parents or guardians, providing updates on their child's development, progress, and areas of focus as guided by management.
- Collaborate with other teachers, Management and staff members to support the overall growth and well-being of preschool students.
- Attend professional development workshops, conferences, or training sessions to enhance knowledge and teaching skills.
- Montessori certification from a recognized Montessori training program.
- Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field (preferred).
- Practicing Christian who is willing to be trained and discipled for him/herself and to help facilitate Christian Transformation activities in the school.
- Personal commitment to Christlikeness and Disciple making is preferred
- Personal Call to Children or Young Adults is preferred
- Proven experience as a Montessori Teacher in a preschool setting.
- In-depth knowledge of the Montessori philosophy, materials, and curriculum for preschool children.
- Passion for working with young children and fostering their holistic development.
- Ability to create a prepared environment that encourages exploration, independence, and self-directed learning.
- Patience, flexibility, and adaptability to meet the diverse needs and learning styles of children.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to plan and implement effective lessons and activities.
- Understanding of child development principles and best practices in early childhood education.
- Proficiency in using technology for instructional purposes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with children, parents, and colleagues as guided by the school’s management team.
- Basic knowledge of ICT (Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
NB: This is a full-time position located at Mampong – Akuapem. The salary and benefits package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and any relevant teaching credentials or certifications by email to email@example.com by Friday, 18th August, 2023.
We appreciate all applications, but only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Location: Eastern Region
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org