Kintampo Health Research Centre (KHRC
Kintampo Health Research Centre (KHRC) is a well-established, African-based, research centre and one of three field research centres of the Research and Development Division of the Ghana Health Service. The work of KHRC has influences on health policy and practice throughout Ghana, Africa and the rest of the world. KHRC also offers research and training services nationally and internationally and its staffs are multidisciplinary. KHRC is located in the middle belt of Ghana, Kintampo.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to work as a midwife on contract at Kintampo Health Research Centre, Kintampo North Municipality, Bono-East Region on a specific research project.
Brief Job Description
He or She shall be responsible to the Director, KHRC through the project head to accomplish specific objectives.
- Measuring maternal and fetal heart rates, take maternal blood pressure and other diagnostic assessments. counselling the pregnant women and where necessary, refer study participants to health facilities based on physical examination, diagnostics assessments or complaints of participants
- Counselling study participants to cope with adverse pregnancy outcomes such as miscarriages, stillbirths, neonatal and infant deaths.
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma in Midwifery
- BSc. Midwifery
- Have a minimum of one year working experience.
- Must have completed his/her one year mandatory rotation.
- Have a recognized clinical qualification in Midwifery from an accredited institution
- Be a registered member of any of the nurses and Midwife associations and have your pin and be in good standing
- Be well versed in Ghana Health Service clinical policies
- Work with minimum supervision
Note: The work will involve travelling with research team to communities within Kintampo North Municipality and Kintampo South district to attend to study participants.
How To Apply
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter and relevant certificates in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document or pdf) confirming his/her suitability for the job from Tuesday 4th July to 11th July, 2023. The link for the application is https://kintampo-hrc.org/khrc_employment/ ,
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails and mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as two (2) professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.