Process & Plant Automation Ltd
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Logistics Officer is responsible for all emergency deliveries and pickup that cannot be handled by main transport unit. The officer is responsible for ensuring that items are delivered within the agreed timelines with the client and to ensure that all deliveries are accompanied by waybills and invoices (where applicable). He must return with the signed copies of the waybills and ensure they are scanned and attached to the sales orders in ERP.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange to deliver all emergency deliveries through third party courier services
- Keep a list of the approved third-party courier service providers for reference
- Negotiate transport cost with courier service providers where applicable
- He/she is responsible for the safe handling of the products till it delivered to the client/office.
- He/she must ensure that the right product and quantity is picked up or delivered to the right client/office.
- Assist with general warehouse and inventory management activities
- Any other duties as assigned in relation to achievement of overall company goals.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all TAGG’s OHS&E procedures
- Follow all safe work procedures, rules, and instructions
- Risk Assessment
- Hazard identification and reporting
- Knowledge on the safe use of all tools and equipment as applicable
Required Skills or Experience
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- HND in logistics, supply chain management or Procurement/Purchasing
- A minimum of 2 years experience in logistics operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- IT skills
- Proactive and able to meet deadlines
How To Apply
Interested persons should please send their CV to email@example.com
- Deadline for receiving applications is 26th April, 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.