Cloudburst’s work is guided by a mission to improve social, economic and environmental resilience. As a women-owned small business with experience working in 60 countries across the globe, we believe that effective services and solutions are created by staff that are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities we work with.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The Cloudburst Group frequently develops and implements evaluations, assessments, and other learning tools for USAID/Ghana. Cloudburst is currently seeking a Local Expert with subject matter expertise in marine science to help conduct a rigorous program performance evaluation of the Feed the Future Gahan Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA). GFRA works in small fishing villages and fish landing sites throughout Ghana’s coastal districts and works to improve fisheries management through:
- Improving supplemental livelihoods for fishing communities, especially women and youth;
- Boosting private sector engagement and market linkages;
- Strengthening government capacity in fisheries policy and decision-making, regulation, and enforcement;
- Strengthening fisheries science and research; and
- Enabling stakeholders to make positive, sustainable change.
Illustrative Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support a team of international and Ghana-based experts through each stage of the evaluation.
- Contribute to a desk review, potentially including analysis of existing datasets in addition to document review.
- Assist with the development of a mixed-methods evaluation methodology, including defining evaluation questions, developing sampling frameworks and KII lists, and creating survey instruments.
- Conduct fieldwork to support evaluation, including in briefs and out briefs with USAID.
- Contribute to an evaluation report, responding to USAID’s questions and criteria, with an emphasis on analysis-based, actionable, and operational recommendations that can assist with strategic decision-making and programmatic decisions.
- Contribute to dissemination of results, potentially including presentations, workshops, infographics, or a post-evaluation action plan.
Required Skills or Experience
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical subject matter expertise – technical competence in the field of Marine Science (biology with specialization in small pelagic fishery preferred).
- Experience in small pelagic fisheries management or ecosystem approach to pelagic fisheries management.
- Technical knowledge in design and evaluation of sustainable small pelagic fisheries programming preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID/Ghana Economic Growth Programs, most of which are in the Zone of Influence (ZOI) comprising 17 districts in four (4) Northern regions of Ghana.
- Knowledge of the predecessor USAID-funded FtF Sustainable Fisheries Management Project (SFMP) preferred.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods, surveys, and data analysis using quantitative and qualitative data analysis tools.
- Experience in evaluation design, methods, management, and implementation.
- Experience in similar mid-term performance evaluations in the sub-region, preferably in Ghana.
- Ghana national strongly preferred.
- Must have experience in drafting high quality reports.
- English fluency required, proficiency in Twi or other local languages required.
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com