Established in 2006, MSI Ghana is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices and is one of the largest specialized Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organisations in Ghana. MSI Ghana complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in the provision of quality and affordable general health and SRH services in all provinces of Ghana.
MSI Ghana has a vacancy for a passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individual with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSI Ghana’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro- choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future
Type of Contract: Temporary (Renewable)
Duration: 3-4 months
The Interim Medical Detailer shall perform tasks critical to the success of Medical Abortion and other social marketing products by detailing the products to Providers and retail personnel, prospecting for sales in retail outlets (Public and Private) and by building and maintaining strong relationships with these Providers and retail outlets.
- Detail Providers, sales outlets staff on advantages, effects, dosage and use of social marketing products. Collect any orders and fulfil them or pass on to distributor/wholesaler.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with retailers, community-based distributors, facilities and others, to ensure monthly/yearly distribution targets are met and product satisfaction is high.
- Implement merchandising and promotional activities at retail/ distributor outlets and ensure high in-store visibility for optimal sales performance.
- Ensure that providers, wholesalers, distributors, and retail outlet personnel have adequate knowledge about product use and application and use of applicable promotional materials.
- Ensure an accurate and updated database of all Providers (private and public) and retail outlets and present monthly reports on it.
- Identify potential providers and arrange for bulk trainings for them as providers of Medical abortion services.
- Collect market information and feedback at the consumer and point-of-sale level to better inform activities and optimize product marketing.
Monitoring and Supervision
- Monitor presence and availability of social marketing products in retail outlets and Providers sites and ensure availability of the products in such sites and retail outlets.
- Monitor the work of distributors /wholesalers through periodic visits to their sites to monitor sales of social marketing products and monitor the work of distributor Sales Persons efforts in retail outlets.
- Track sales and ensure accurate and timely reporting on product sales and sales revenue per credit and sales policy
Required Skills or Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Degree in Marketing or Sales Management from a reputable academic institution
- At least 3 years post national service experience in sales/Marketing especially in pharmaceutical sector.
- Experience in client relationship management/customer service.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Very good presentation and selling skills.
- Good report writing skills with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assertive but friendly.
- Analytical and results oriented.
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health service
- Be able to work on own initiative and motivate others to achieve results
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels – government, donor and community
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Honest, friendly, assertive and reliable
- Passionate about field work
How To Apply
Please submit your application by filling an online form via the below link.
Interim Medical Detailer: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdpW9Bo-E7-8Yu4LQllUIEF5oOcrOn401DghB_syPbp1fmYXg/viewform?usp=pp_url
- This application is open only to Ghanaian nationals or permanent residents with work permits.
- Submission deadline is Close of Business 8th September 2023.
- Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSG is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of vulnerable persons and safeguarding employees and communities from sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse. MSG does not solicit for payments in any form at any stage of the recruitment process. The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the MSI safeguarding guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.