We are on a mission to create a culture of reading across Africa, leading to a continent of successful families. As a team, we value people and are committed to integrity and excellence. We thrive on innovation and creativity and this explains our flexible and fun-filled working environment.
The interplay of success, grace and glory remains evident in the execution of our tasks.
- Work Location: Perbi Cubs Office, West Legon, Accra
- Expected Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Job Status: Permanent
- Closing Date: 30th May, 2023
The Human Resources Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resource Business Unit covering all elements of the employee life cycle. Success in this role means nurturing and maintaining a cordial working culture so that staff feel valued and give off their best.
- Create and execute a Human Resources strategic plan.
- Create and execute a growth plan to support the company’s growth.
- Recruit first-class employees and set high-performance standards for them to follow.
- Create a compelling performance management system to improve employee performance and productivity.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer
- employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION (30%)
- Develop standardized processes to ensure that employees have the proper logistics, systems access and training to complete their job responsibilities.
- Lead in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the employees.
- Onboard and effectively utilize an HRMIS for employee management.
- Create a calendar of activities for the company utilizing project management tools, monitor schedules and ensure adherence to timelines.
- Establish and maintain communication with team members; understand needs, resolve issues,respond to Human Resources enquiries and meet expectations.
- Support the creation and effective use of departmental operational manuals.
- Manage the coordination of all employees within schools and stakeholders of the company.
- Create an effective recruitment plan.
- Create a smooth onboarding and team integration plan for new hires.
- Create an effective Human Resources manual for the organization.
- Create an effective learning and development plan for employees of the organization.
- The Human Resources Manager will see to the crafting and implementation of all employee policies within the organization.
TEAM LEADERSHIP AND SELF-DEVELOPMENT (15%)
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Design, delegate and monitor the overall output of the business unit.
- Develop operations manual of best practices and systems for the business unit.
- Play coaching and leadership roles in employees’ development.
LIVING THE BRAND- 7 Ps (5%)
- Uphold the company values in the execution of tasks
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a relevant field with 5 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of strategic HR practices.
- Working knowledge of Ghana’s Labour Laws.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence in handling sensitive issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership, team-building and customer service experience.
- Attention to detail.
How To Apply
Send a one page cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Use “HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER” as the subject of your email