Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
The Ghana Country Office of Jhpiego Corporation is currently looking for a visionary, passionate and dynamic person to fill the following position: Finance Officer
- Duration: One (1 year)
- Job Location: Accra Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely completion of all transactions in a timely and efficient manner; specifically required to ensure that:
- Maintains accurate accounts of the transactions of the company
- The proper completion of all transactions authorized by the DFA in accordance with laid down processes and procedures
- Prepares periodic financial statements and supports notes in accordance with the policies of the company.
- Prepare financial commentary with regards to the quarterly financial statements (variance and profitability analyses).
- Assist with the preparation and tracking of budget.
- Ensures that payment vouchers are filled on timely basis.
- Reviews travel expense reports from staff for entry into QBE
- Ensures that financial documents are stamp ‘paid’ on timely basis.
- Reviews all financial documents to ensure laid down processes before processing them for payment.
- Oversees the filing of all VAT photocopies for VRPO and submit monthly to DFA for review and processing
- Follow up on VRPO and withholding tax certificates from appropriate agencies
- Reviews both electronic and hard copy filing of all FAA reports.
Required Skills or Experience
- A good first degree in Business Administration, Accounting or its equivalent
- Part-professional qualification in Accounting, from a recognized professional Accounting bodies i.e. ICA, ACCA
- Significant knowledge and working experience in Accounting/Financial Management.
- Knowledge of Financial Management practices in Ghana.
- Knowledge of Office Processes and Procedures.
- At least 1 – 3 years post-qualification experience.
- Report writing, facilitation, presentation skills required.
- Knowledge and experience of QBE essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
How To Apply
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: GH-Recruitments@jhpiego.org . Deadline for the submission of applications: November 28, 2022.
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above
- Participate in the business development processes
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer