SEND GHANA, a policy research and advocacy organization, was founded in 1998. The vision of SEND Ghana is “A Ghana where people’s rights and well-being are guaranteed” with a mission “to promote good governance and equality of men and women in Ghana”. It is headquartered in Accra, with network offices in Tamale and Salaga.
- Reporting: Finance Director
- Associates: Finance Officers
The Finance Manager will be responsible for managing projects administrative and financial reporting requirements. He/She will support Director of Finance to maintain sound financial management practices and ensure compliance with Donor and SEND GHANA’s financial procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Coordinate financial management aspects of projects including financial reporting, procurement, accounting, and project logistics.
- Assist management to maintain sound, transparent, accounting, and financial management internal control systems.
- Support Program Manager’s, Director of Finance, and HR/Admin Manager regularly on financial and budget related matters.
- Manage projects annual budgeting process and provides budget management support for project staff.
- Work with program team to develop monthly project workplan budgets, monitor variances and review adherence to such budgets.
- Provide financial assistance, as needed, to project local partners on financial compliance and reporting.
- Review retirements and other expenses supporting documents to ensure accuracy, reasonableness, value for money and conformity with SEND’s financial procedures.
- Produce and submit monthly/quarterly/annual projects financial reports, payroll and donor specific required reports.
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliation statements are prepared, signed, and filed by appropriate staff.
- Support staff with compliance with SEND GHANA’s policies, donor rules and regulation, project award requirements, and the laws of the Republic of Ghana.
- Support Director of Finance in preparing annual financial reports, budgets, and management reports.
- Assist with internal and external audit and or review of project financial documents.
- Contribute to the development of new project proposals.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Director of Finance.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a reputable university, Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration will be added advantage.
- Professional qualification – minimum CA (Final Level) or ACCA (Strategic Professional)
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in managing finances in an NGO or related field
- Experience with Intuit QuickBooks Accounting software for donor reporting
- Relevant computer software skills, including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective project files for accountability and audit purposes.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should forward their cover letter and CV documents in a single PDF file only with three (3) professional referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Manager” addressed to the HR/Admin. Manager. The file name should be saved in this format: First and surname – Finance Manager.
- Closing Date: 11:59pm GMT, May 24, 2023.
- NB: Given the anticipated volume of submissions, only highly qualified candidates will be contacted.
SEND GHANA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.