KinderBee Early Educational Center
KinderBee Early Educational Center
Oversee the daily operations and administration of the Preschool/Early Childhood Programme at Kinder Bee Early Childhood Development Centre.
The major responsibility of the position is to provide high-quality early childhood education programming to students in a manner consistent with our school’s mission statement. This
includes upholding the vision of the Preschool, ensuring compliance with state guidelines, determining the preschool’s needs, protecting the students & health and safety, planning, preparing and supervising the delivery of biblically integrated instruction that is academically aligned to the early year’s program. The preschool director should understand the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual developmental milestones of the students they will teach and be able to formally and informally disciple students.
The preschool director is a Christian with an authentic and mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ in both their professional and personal life with a calling and commitment to Christian education, displaying an inherent passion for God, students, and teaching. Teachers must establish and nurture positive relationships as they teach and disciple students and work closely with colleagues, parents, school administrators and community members, always showing respect. A qualified teacher will also be characterized by demonstrating professional discernment, good judgment, and the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues tactfully and professionally. The teacher must set a Godly example that honors the school’s standards and expectations. The ability to address concerns and offer suggestions appropriately and confidentially must also be evident.
- Model Christian character at all times, actively promoting the educational philosophy Kinder Bee.
- Perform all teaching duties for an Early Childhood classroom
- Ensure that the preschool classrooms and area are well-maintained.
- Develop and maintain an orderly, student-centered preschool atmosphere conducive to learning, using consistent, kind and firm discipline.
- Focused on the development of successful learning experiences by the curriculum and philosophy, emphasizing biblical integration and employing a variety of teaching methods.
- Take reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Communicate actively, consistently and openly with parents promptly, arranging other parent conferences as needed and annual parent conferences.
- Maintain accurate and current student progress, school and attendance records.
- Attend and participate in faculty In-Service and lower school meetings and other school functions, such as open house events.
- Adhere to and assist in upholding and enforcing the school’s rules, regulations, and policies as recorded in the employee, faculty and student handbooks or transmitted through the administrators.
- Continue to remain current with updates in technology and technological resources.
- Degree in Education with emphasis on Early Childhood Development or willingness to work toward certification within a specified amount of time upon hire
- Minimum of 1 year of classroom experience (preferred).
- Strong leadership and administrative skills.
- Love for children and passion for teaching and leading others.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Must maintain an active role for over 50% of the work day, traversing the preschool classrooms and campus.
- Must be able to position oneself to work with children.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Specific vision abilities required in this position include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to hear low-volume sounds.
- Must be able to assist children for health and safety reasons.
- General school/classroom setting. Possible change in temperature/humidity; potential for excessive noise, using computer/monitor screen.
- Some exposure to the elements is expected while assisting with student arrival/dismissal and recess duties.
- Duties may be occasionally performed on field trips away from school.
The teacher shall:
- Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
- Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
- Provide input and constructive recommendations for administrative and managerial functions in the school.
- Support the broader program of the school by attending extracurricular activities when possible.
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed. Still, it does not restrict the administration’s right to assign or reassign other reasonable duties, responsibilities, or expectations to this job at any time, with or without advance notice.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication, organization and time management skills
- Strong work ethic, including attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills; professional and approachable • Talented instructional leader, leading with joy and enthusiasm; willing to grow
- Creative, humble, flexible and adaptable, consistent and firm as is necessary
- Team player, willing to support colleagues and students
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Day shift on Monday to Friday
CV’s should be sent to: email@example.com
Salary Range: Negotiable + Bonus pay
Location: East Legon