CDF Canada is an Ottawa (Canada) based international development organization building prosperity in communities around the world. We work with local partners in Africa, Asia, and Latin America to establish and grow community-owned co-operatives to help people achieve more prosperous, self-reliant lives.
The Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF) is implementing a multi-year project with a grant from Global Affairs Canada (GAC). The project, entitled “4R Nutrient Stewardship Program (4R –NSP)”, is being implemented in partnership with SEND Ghana.
The goal of the project is to improve the socio-economic well-being and resilience of smallholder farmers, particularly women through improving agricultural productivity and sustainability. CDF Canada is a Canadian based international development organization that focuses on building prosperity in communities around the world through Cooperatives.
Scope of the role
As a Driver, you will be responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles, regularly service and take care of official vehicles, take account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations and assist with other office work, when not driving.
- Provide passenger transport in an official car for the office, project, official visitors and guest as well as consultants.
- Run errands for the project, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills, and buying smaller quantities of office supplies.
- Help with transporting goods and complete the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards as well as clean the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly, ensure the vehicle is always clean and check the car regularly.
- Responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance.
- Calculate monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and report need for service and carry out minor repairs.
- Assist other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel or chauffeur service pending, caries out other office work on request.
Required Skills or Experience
- Secondary school education
- Holds a valid driver’s licence D
- At least 3 years of experience as a driver with references
- No major accidents in the past 3 years
- Good knowledge of the English language in written and oral.
- Disciplined and punctual, resilient and patient
- Familiarity with Ghana and the districts and regional capitals.
- Appropriate appearance and attire
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org/hoansahcdfcanada.coop
Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
CDF Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 27th May, 2023