Beyond Beans Foundation
The Beyond Beans Foundation is the implementation partner of ETG trading company for sustainable cocoa programs, that are developed with and for industrial chocolate makers. In close cooperation with our Sustainability Team in West Africa, cocoa suppliers and program partners we support farmers to improve their farming practices towards a living income, we help communities to tackle child labour, we strive to empower women, and we protect the natural environment with agroforestry and conservation efforts. Beyond Beans is a foundation based out of the Netherlands and has 4 subsidiaries in West Africa: Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria. With our international and driven team of 100+ project and field officers we build dedicated sustainable supply chains towards skilled farmers, resilient communities and a healthy environment.
We are looking for a data support officer for our community development projects. The data support officer will be responsible for monitoring, collating and analysing project performance data,
ensuring it is accurate and adequately meets the reporting requirements of the project management team, partners, and clients.
Key activities and responsibilities
In particular, the data support officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the community development supervisor in ensuring that data is collected, entered, and stored in a timely and accurate manner in relation to the monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Ensure all data is entered and timely updated in the databases and tables.
- Check and monitor the quality of data submitted by field team.
- Liaise with field staff regarding missing data, eventual mistakes, data discrepancies and/or inconsistencies.
- Be responsible for quality control procedures (including but not limited to random phone calls to check visits and checking data entry quality).
- Track field officers’ performance and key indicators to help the project team gain insights to help measure progress towards achieving our strategic goals and key indicators.
- Perform proper back up, restore, data validation and security procedures to ensure data integrity.
- Provide accurate, reliable, and insightful data analysis as required.
- Contribute to the writing and review of internal reports.
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over the Netherlands (Amstelveen) and West Africa (Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria). In Ghana, you will be working in close collaboration with the project manager, the field team of field officers across the country and with our partners.
Qualities we are looking for
- A relevant qualification in information technology, information management or equivalent expertise.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in data management and quality assurance working in a similar role.
- Comfortable with data handling/management and excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience of using Microsoft Excel to access, manage and manipulate large datasets (e.g., using LOOKUP functions, IF statements and conditional formatting).
- Good knowledge of data reporting and report generation.
- Experience of numerical and other analysis and interpretive techniques.
- Great experience in quality assurance of data processes.
What we offer you
You will be part of a fast-growing organisation and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. We offer substantial freedom in your work, engagement in a broad range of sustainability topics, and personal development opportunities. You will experience and understand the challenges and opportunities of rural development from the point of view of commodities trading business as well as from ethical and socio- economic perspectives. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment. Work status 40 hours per week. Based in Kumasi, Ghana, with occasional travel to project locations in the field.
Please upload your motivation letter and CV via the form below by Wednesday 14 June 2023 at the latest. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org latest Wednesday, 14 June 2023. We will assess applications and interview potential candidates on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com