Anglo Gold Ashanti
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in a vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Cost Accountant
Grade: Stratum I – Mid
Contract Type/Duration: Fixed Term Contract – 3 months
Number of Position(s): One (1)
To provide day-to-day support to the mining and operations team and assist the management accountant in coordinating the mine’s business planning, budgetary control, and cost management functions.
- Support the Management Accountant in coordinating the mine’s budgeting and business planning activities.
- Review cost drivers and rate and check reasonability of inventory schedules from mining and operations departments before loading into TM1 system.
- Liaise with and provide timely day-to-day support to the mining and operations teams.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly cost forecasting and financial models from mine plans and other operational plans using IBM Planning Analytics (Cognos TM1) system and excel
- Conduct weekly and monthly cost reviews and sensitivity analysis with mining and operations departments to highlight key trends and root causes for variance.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reports-analyzing financial and operational results, distilling and synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk.
- Produce periodic information to budget holders, highlighting variances against budget and liaising in the identification of the root causes
- Partner in identification and implementation of the mine-wide cost reduction and efficiency improvement opportunity to sustainably reduce the mine’s All-in-Cost.
- Partner with Finance Team to ensure timely completion of month-end reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the Management Accountant or Senior Manager – Finance
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Qualified membership of Professional Accounting body (ACCA, ICA) would be an added advantage
- Minimum of one (1) year National Service working experience in management accounting and cost management within the mining environment.
- Working knowledge of mining value chain
- Proficiency in the use of SAP ERP (FICO and BW), IBM Planning Analytical (Cognos TM1), and Power BI would be an added advantage.
- Expertise in Microsoft Suit applications and Financial Modeling using excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and influence appropriately
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicle