International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) (www.cocoainitiative.org) is a multi-stakeholder organization, uniting the forces of civil society, certifiers, the cocoa and chocolate industry, and international institutions, and working with governments to address child and forced labour in the cocoa sector.
ICI has developed a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) that allows industry partners to manage responsibly the risk of child labour in their cocoa supply chain. In line with the Ghana Child Labor Monitoring System (GCLMS), the system is based on the presence of Community Facilitators (CF) within cocoa-growing communities who raise awareness on the issue of child labour; identify cases and implement remediation activities. (www.cocoainitiative.org)
- Ensure the liaison between ICI in Accra, regional stakeholders, and local authorities.
- Ensure consistent implementation of the guidelines and policies established by ICI Foundation.
- Collect, analyze and transmit all relevant information from the field to ensure regular reporting to the Country Director and Project Manager on project progress and prepare technical reports.
- Ensure proper set-up and roll-out of the CLMRS in the assigned geographical areas, specifically:
- Participate in the selection of the Community Facilitators (CF) where necessary
- Participate in the training of Monitoring and Remediation Assistants and CFs and organize field-level training logistics where necessary
- Provide ongoing technical support to partners field staff and the CFs, ensuring that they fulfill their terms of reference
- Pro-actively monitor KPIs for the area under his/her responsibility and pro-actively work towards their improvement
- Support community-level awareness-raising sessions on child labour and forced labour
- Advise on remediation strategies and follow up on the implementation of remediation activities
- Support the implementation of on-going forced labour project in the district.
- Support the implementation of gender sensitive cash transfers impact project in the region.
- Support the implementation of school kit impact study on child labour in the region.
- Organize the logistics around the field visits of ICI staff from Accra and Geneva or industry partners.
- Work on any other related tasks as required.
Required Skills or Experience
- Work experience – At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Academic background – University degree in Development Planning/Studies, Social Sciences, or other relevant disciplines, with at least.
- Programme development and monitoring, report preparation, and knowledge documentation.
- Experience working on rural development or cocoa supply-chain
- Experience in partnership development.
- Experience in working at the community level.
- Representational function.
- Knowledge of the cocoa sector and experience in activities related to the fight against child labour;
- Knowledge of Monitoring & Evaluation processes and tools.
- Knowledge of information management tools and software.
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communications skills in English.
- A good team player, and ability to contribute to a cooperative work environment
- Adaptive to new innovations and must have a strong desire to learn
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of actors.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in remote environments and to keep a high level of motivation.
- Be pro-active.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office software products, in particular Word and Excel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Ability to speak Twi (and French desirable)
- The position is based in the ICI’s project districts (with periodic travels to the Accra office).
How To Apply
Please send your CV and a COVER LETTER to email@example.com Please put “CLMRS Field Assistant” in the email subject line.
Applications must be received by the close of the day of the 15th of June 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
NB: ICI has zero-tolerance for all forms of child neglect, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological) and exploitation (sexual and commercial). ICI commits to put the best interest of the child first, and at the centre of its work, irrespective of a child’s ability, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality and culture.
ICI recognizes its responsibility to ensure and to promote a safe and secure environment for children. To effectively manage risks to children, ICI requires the commitment, support and cooperation of all staff, associates, partners, suppliers, service-providers and visitors. By applying at ICI, you automatically agree to the above term and uphold the principles described herein