International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) (www.cocoainitiative.org) is a multi-stakeholder organization, uniting the forces of civil society, certifiers, the cocoa and chocolate industry, and international institutions, and working with governments to address child and forced labour in the cocoa sector.
ICI has developed a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) that allows industry partners to manage responsibly the risk of child labour in their cocoa supply chain. In line with the Ghana Child Labor Monitoring System (GCLMS), the system is based on the presence of Community Facilitators (CF) within cocoa-growing communities who raise awareness on the issue of child labour; identify cases and implement remediation activities. (www.cocoainitiative.org)
Based in ICI’s Ghana (Accra) office
(Male or Female – full-time)
The International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is a non-profit foundation that works to protect the rights of children and adults in cocoa-growing areas in West Africa. To reinforce its team, ICI Ghana office is looking for a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) Field Assistant…………..
Under the supervision of ICI Supply Chain Manager, the purpose of this position is to implement ICI Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System in pursuit of the ICI objectives for the country Office in Ghana……
Main tasks and responsibilities
….. Based at District-level, under the authority of the Country Director and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Project Manager the incumbent will:
- Ensure the liaison between ICI in Accra, regional stakeholders, and local authorities.
- Ensure consistent implementation of the guidelines and policies established by ICI Foundation.
- Collect, analyse and transmit all relevant information from the field to ensure regular reporting to the Country Director and Project Manager on project progress and prepare technical reports.
- Ensure proper set-up and roll-out of the CLMRS in the assigned geographical areas, specifically:
- support in the selection of the Field Officers (FO) where necessary
- Support in the training of Field Supervisors and Officers and organize field-level training logistics where necessary.
- Provide ongoing technical support to partner’s field staff (supervisors & officers), ensuring that they fulfil their terms of reference
- Pro-actively monitor KPIs for the area under his/her responsibility and pro-actively work towards their improvement.
- Support community-level awareness-raising sessions on child labour and forced labour.
- Advise on remediation strategies and follow up on the implementation of remediation activities.
- Support the implementation of on-going forced labour project being piloted in selected communities.
- Organize the logistics around the field visits of ICI staff from Accra and Geneva or industry partners.
- Work on any other related tasks as required.
Mission support and other duties
- Support the organization of ICI missions and visits to project communities
- Perform any other duties as required by Supply Chain Manager and agreed by the Deputy Country Director/Programme Coordinator
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in Development Planning/Studies, Social Sciences, Agriculture, or other relevant disciplines, with
- At least 2 years of experience
- Programme development and monitoring, report preparation, and knowledge documentation.
- Experience working on rural development project or cocoa supply-chain.
- Experience in partnership development and to establish good working relationships with partners.
- Experience in working at the community level.
- Representational function.
- Knowledge of the cocoa sector and experience in activities related to the fight against child labour.
- Knowledge of Monitoring & Evaluation processes and tools.
- Knowledge of information management tools and software.
- Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communications skills in English.
- A good team player, and ability to contribute to a cooperative work environment.
- Adaptive to new innovations and must have a strong desire to learn.
Fluency in written and spoken English, Ability to speak Twi (and French desirable)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of actors.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in remote environments and to keep a high level of motivation.
- Be pro-active.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office software products, in particular Word and Excel.
- Ability to ride motor bike to communities.
How To Apply
ICI Core Values
All ICI staff members are expected to adhere, respect and always promote at any time ICI Core Values: HUMANITY, INTEGRITY, NEUTRALITY, PARTNERSHIP, INNOVATION. Please refer to the ICI website for more details (https://www.cocoainitiative.org/about-us/our-organisation/our-values)
ICI has zero-tolerance for all forms of child neglect, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological) and exploitation (sexual and commercial). ICI commits to put the best interest of the child first, and at the centre of its work, irrespective of a child’s ability, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality, and culture. By applying at ICI, you automatically agree to the above term and uphold the principles described herein.
Equal opportunity and non-discrimination
ICI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities and non-discrimination for all employees and employment applicants and to providing employees with a fair work environment free of discrimination.
ICI and preferred recruitment partners will NEVER ask candidates for fees for any purpose during the recruitment process. No recruitment fee, no hiring fee, no security deposit, no software or equipment charges are charged to candidates applying to ICI.
Only candidates authorized to work in Obuasi should apply.
Please send applications in English including a cover letter and your CV to . email@example.com
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Closing date for applications: 6th December,2023.
By submitting your application, you consent to us processing your data for the purpose of evaluating your application for this job position. We will keep your application data confidential and only use it for recruitment purposes. Once the job position is closed, your application will be deleted.
Please note that only those candidates who match the above requirements and who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org