PSG is an Oil Palm and Rubber Plantations company located at Daboase in the Wassa East District of the Western Region. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of SOCFINAF SA of Luxembourg and has over 2,000 employees.
Plantations Soefinaf Ghana (PSG) Limited wishes to inform all qualified and interested candidates about a vacant position in its General Management Department: CHEF
REPORTS TO: TOP MANAGEMENT
- Reporting to Top Management, the position is to effectively and efficiently provide catering/kitchen services for the Company’s Guests to meet local and international standards.
- The position requires the exercise of diligence, honesty, integrity, loyalty to the company and the highest standard of cleanliness throughout the period of employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The job title holder is required to abide by the policies and operating procedures that the company shall from time to time put in place for the effective and efficient performance of its operations.
- Responsible for the preparation of quality and hygienic food for the company’s Guests.
- Ensures that care is taken in the preparation or cooking of food in the Company’s Guest House.
- Ensures that good, quality and appropriate cooking materials and ingredients are always used in the preparation of food in the Guest House.
- To ensure that the cooking utensils as well as the kitchen and the surroundings where food is prepared are always clean by all standards.
- The job title holder is required to be tidy and clean at all times.
- To ensure adequate food ingredients are always in stock to meet Guests’ food needs at all times.
- To ensure cleanliness in Guests’ Rooms.
- Ensures compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area and in the entire Guest House.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the Managing Director or his assignee as and when the situation demands.
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma in Advance Catering/Catering II, SSCE or WASSCE Certificate with some professional catering certificate.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ post qualification experience in the preparation of both local and international cuisines in a reputable hotel.
- Knowledge in managing people.
- Nutritional resources management skills.
- Knowledge in the preparation of variety of dishes (Local and continental).
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills/ Team Player.
- Knowledge in diet management especially for expatriates.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
How To Apply
Applicants who are qualified and are interested in the advertised position should apply by submitting their application and supporting documents to:
The Admin. & HR Manager
Plantations Socfinaf Ghana Limited
P. O. Box TD1429
Through (email@example.com) with CHEF in the subject line of the email by close of work on FRIDAY, January 20, 2023.