ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Business Improvement Officer
Job Grade Stratum I – Mid
Contract Type/Duration: Fixed Term Contract – 3 months
Number of Position(s): One (1)
Department: Business Improvement
The Business Improvement Officer will support the identification, coordination and implementation of critical improvement projects/ideas that deliver and promote a culture of sustainable continuous improvements (CI) across site
- Support departmental C.I sustainability tasks and processes towards achieving key B.I metric targets (RAR Compliance, Idea Owner Reviews, Visual Board Meetings etc.).
- Conduct relevant data analysis to complement site A&I efforts.
- Ensure accurate production KPIs dashboard wiring mine wide.
- Assist in business requirements reports and presentations as and when required by Senior Manager.
- Assist departmental IFs in loading and completing Operational Excellence idea requirements in Pipware.
- Conduct periodic analysis using Pipware data to enhance integrity and fast track idea velocity.
- Support monthly ideas monitoring and tracking with respect to set pipeline benefits target.
- Identify trends and variations using process analytical tools to inform management and stakeholders to improve business forecasting
- Use the existing (and other) analytical tools to develop and implement efficient business processes at the operational level in mining, processing, engineering, and supporting services.
- Analyze trends in safety performance metrics in the Business Improvement department and make appropriate recommendations to the HOD
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Business, or relevant business/engineering qualifications.
- One year work experience with good working knowledge of AngloGold Ashanti policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Good understanding of continuous improvement concepts and methodology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of PIPWare software and familiarity with Value Driver Trees is an advantage.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of business processes within a mining environment.
- Effective problem solver with the ability to examine and re-engineer processes, procedures, and practices
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationship, coach and develop a team to deliver at their highest capability
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
- Ability to advise, persuade and influence people in a professional and effective manner
- Valid driving licence and proficiency in driving light vehicle
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.