Advans is a leading microfinance group established in 2005. Advans mission is to respond to the need for financial services of small businesses and other populations who have ill-adapted, limited or no access to formal financial services. The Advans Group currently spans nine countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Ghana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia and Myanmar. As at end October 2019, the group served more than 1,000,000 clients and employed more than 7,300 staff. Headquartered in Luxembourg with support services in Paris, the group’s shareholders are EIB, KfW, FMO, CDC Group plc, FISEA (AFD Group) and IFC.
Advans Ghana, subsidiary of the international microfinance group Advans, started its activities in 2008. The institution offers a full range of adapted financial products and services to micro, small and medium sized enterprises in Ghana. The institution serves more than 64,000 clients through a network of 20 points of sale and over 650 employees.
- Gets involved in every audit mission and is responsible for:
- Prepares/stores the audit folder for each audit mission carried out making sure all the documents (audit evidence) collected during the mission are properly conserved.
- Issues relevant and adequate audit recommendations, analysis, and conclusions to contribute to the quality of operational processing and the reinforcement of Advans internal control and risk management system in all Advans activities/entities.
- Participates to the audit recommendation follow up at less on a quarterly basis.
- Participates to the drafting of audit procedures (audit programs and working papers in particular), under the supervision of the Head of Department and group audit.
- Gets informed on a permanent basis of the news procedures in force in the different departments of the Institution; participates to the modification of the audit procedures accordingly.
- Directly carries out some audit works during the field works stage of the mission, in particular for complex / technical issues and/or when he/she is directly in charge of the mission (head of mission).
- Reviews the quality of the results and conclusions of the audit works performed by the audit team and makes sure audit procedures defined were properly implemented.
- Analyses the results of the audit assignment and concludes on the effectiveness and efficiency of internal control and risk management system applicable to the scope of the mission.
- Proposes relevant audit recommendations to correct deficiencies identified and/or improve the existing risk management and control system.
- Prepares timely audit mission reports and obtains management responses before submission to the direct supervisor of the auditee, general management, and the Audit Committee.
- Makes sure the audit folder of each audit mission is comprehensive and properly documented and stored in accordance with our audit standards.
- On the missions s/he oversees, organizes, plans and allocates the audit works in an adapted way, per the time-budget and skills of each junior/confirmed auditors.
- In consultation with the Head, recommend appropriate training, guidance and coaching to the internal audit team in the conduct of their duties, during audit missions, in order to help them develop their skills and know-how.
- Provides informal feedback on the overall performance of internal auditors on audit assignments to the Head of Audit.
- Proposes to review the adequacy of staffing/resources of the internal audit department (in term of number and appropriateness of current auditors’ position).
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or ACCA/ICA Level II
- 3 years of professional experience in auditing or in a financial institution, working in Audit, Risk management or Internal control.
- Previous professional experience in a microfinance institution is a plus
How To Apply
Visit the Career and Talents portal on the HRIS to apply. Alternatively, you may use the link: https://advans.aragon-erh.com/mobility_portal/index/GHA