Lincoln Community School
Lincoln Community School is one of the leading American International Schools in Africa and currently serves a student population of 560 students from over 60 different nationalities.
Reports to: Assistant Facilities Manager
The Air Conditioning Technician works within the facilities department and is responsible for installing, maintaining, and servicing air conditioning, refrigeration, and other electronic systems and their parts. The Technician must work to establish a preventative maintenance schedule to ensure Air Conditioning and refrigeration systems are running at full capacity at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain and service air conditioning and refrigeration units/systems.
- Carry out periodic planned preventative and predictive maintenance and issue reports thereon.
- Carry out routine checks and logs of the status of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning equipment.
- Running quality checks to make sure systems are working properly and safely.
- Diagnose and resolve/correct faults.
- Repairs faulty refrigeration and air conditioning systems and other electronic
- equipment such as washing machines, dryers, and gas cookers.
- Survey buildings where air conditioning systems are fitted or to be fitted and
- make recommendations.
- Produce estimates and quotes for work.
- Requisitions for materials required for the smooth operation of the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning equipment.
- Assists in verifying refrigeration, air conditioning units, washing machines, dryers, gas cookers, and spares purchased/supplied.
- Assist with janitorial and custodial services and any other tasks as may be assigned by superiors.
Required Skills or Experience
- NVTI qualification or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a refrigeration specialist
Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with a centralized air conditioning system
- Experience working on a wide range of electronic equipment.
- Ability to solve simple and complex electronic faults.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to read and write
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Effective time management
How To Apply
The compensation package for the position is competitive; salaries will depend on relevant experience and qualifications.
If you have a proven track record of achievement in information technology and you are interested in the opportunity to work in an international environment where you will be challenged and developed professionally then please visit our website: https://www.lincoln.edu.gh/about-us/employment to obtain the full job description.
Resume’s should be submitted by close of business on 10th November 2022 to email@example.com